Professional Cleans or Preventive Care Appointments
Preventive Care focuses on disease prevention with an aim of taking appropriate measures to ensure well-being and to help prevent long-term health consequences.
Preventive Care in dentistry embraces this concept to make sure the oral health of dental patients is well maintained. This not only ensures good oral health, but also ensures the longevity of existing dental work and contributes to overall general health.
At Coral Coast Dental (CCD) Preventive Care is considered an integral part of our patient care management ensuring all receive the highest standard of care possible.
Your Preventive Care appointment with our Oral Health Therapists will include:
- Removal of all soft plaque (essentially bacteria and food particles)
- Removal of hard plaque (calculus – sometimes known as tartar)
- Surface stain removal (e.g. coffee / tea / red wine)
- Remineralisation Treatments – to replace the protective layer removed during a professional clean / to help reduce post-operative sensitivity / to provide long-term enamel protection
- Oral hygiene education and instruction – tailored to the individual
- Regular screening for Periodontitis (gum disease)
- Screening for overall dental health
Your Preventive Care appointment may also include the following:
- Saliva screening to assess salivary dysfunction
- Diet Analysis
- Dentures – cleaning of and home care instruction
- Orthodontic Care
- Maintenance and care of existing restorations, crowns, implants
- Fissure Sealants
- Early assessment of dental concerns followed by referral to the dentist
- Referral to the dentists for regular periodic / comprehensive examinations and treatment management.
Come and experience a professional clean with a focus on providing the highest standard of care we can offer.